Benefits of Cashews
Cashews is known as Chinese origin. Cashews, which is a bean or kidney shape, is also of Brazilian origin according to some sources and has been brought to India in the 16th century. It is widely used in sweets but is among favorite snack foods of children.
C, E, K vitamins as well as rich in vitamins B6 and B12; thiamine, niacin and folates. It is rich in phosphorus and potassium and also contains minerals that are vital for health, such as magnesium, iron, sodium, potassium.
Health Benefits of Cashews
The rich content contained in cashews is beneficial for overall health, but also for prevention of cancer. Cashews nuts, which are good for heart health, are beneficial for blood pressure problems.
Health experts say that cashews has benefits for hair and skin health, as well as contains ingredients that protect nerves and mental health.
It is also beneficial to digestive system, is thought to be beneficial to bile from organs of digestive tract, in particular.
Now let us examine in detail health benefits of cashews:
1. Prevents Cancer: This nuts contain flavonoids that neutralize cancer cells and tumors. Besides, is rich in copper which protects from colon cancer. I think one of the most important benefits of this cashews.
2. It Protects Heart Health: It contain low fat compared to other nuts and are very useful for heart health because of this feature. It does not affect cholesterol and it supports heart health due to its antioxidant properties.
3. High Blood Pressure: Cashews nuts contain plenty of magnesium, blood pressure is important in terms of health. It protects heart by decreasing high blood pressure.
4. It is Beneficial for Health Hair: It is important for health of hair. Copper deficiency causes many health problems, especially hair loss. In addition to preventing hair loss, cashews helps hair to become black.
5. Healthy Bones: Cashews are important contains minerals such as Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium for healthy bones. In particular, consumption of children may help formation of healthy bone structure and may prevent development of bone related problems in the elderly.
6. Nervous Health: It contained in magnesium vessels and relaxes muscles. Thus, calcium is added to nerve cells to insert into bone allows. When amount of magnesium is low, can cause vessels to fill with calcium. At the same time this causes high blood pressure and headache. Cashew may not allow these problems.
7. Gallstones: Regular consumption of cashews reduces gallstone formation by 25%.
8. Ease Weight Loss: Although cashews nuts are considered among fatty foods, contain less fat compared to other types and do not lose weight.
Scientific Health Benefits of Cashews
- It contain acids that are useful for digestive system, keeping acid level at a healthy level.
- It is very rich in vitamins which are vital for body and provides energy.
- Cashews, which is useful for teeth and gums, reduces tooth decay while strengthening teeth.
- Cashews can help to get a comfortable sleep.
- It is effective against free radicals, which is main cause of many diseases, and reduces damage caused by free radicals.
- Protects against macular degeneration and against effects of harmful UV rays.
Benefits of Cashews Oil
Cashews oil is obtained by pressing as cold cashews. In terms of vitamins, cashew oil is very effective and is widely used in skin and hair care materials.
It is possible to briefly list benefits of cashews nuts:
- This makes skin smooth and strengthens tissues.
- Cashew oil, which moisturizes skin, opens pores of skin with acids contain. Especially useful for dry skin.
- This oil can be an alternative treatment against skin infections and fungi as contains vitamin E.
- The problem can be solved with cashew oil by applying to affected part against skin infection, problems such as acne
- Cashews oil, which can be used for all hair types, is very useful for hair health.
- When applied to hair, contributes to health of scalp and can eliminate dandruff.
- Cashews oil can help against breakage and shedding, when applied to shedding, encourages hair to grow again.
Damages of Cashews
It is safe in terms of health when taken in reasonable doses as normal food. It is not known whether use of cash for medicinal purposes as a medication in treatment of a disease is a health hazard. Application of roasted cashews to skin may cause irritation and redness.
• It is possible to say that consumption of cashew consumption as food during pregnancy is not harmful.
• However, is not known whether or not is harmful to be consumed for medical purposes. To stay on safe side during pregnancy and lactation, should not be over-consumed.
• Some people may cause allergies due to health reasons.
• You can get help from a health care facility to find out if cashews consumption is causing allergies.
• There are some research results that excessive amounts of cashew increases blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, you should pay attention to consumption of cashew, and you may have to increase medication you use for diabetes. So it’s best to consult your doctor.
• Because cashews nuts can affect blood sugar levels, consumption of cashew nuts should be stopped 2 weeks before surgery.
In general, is possible to say that cashew consumption is not a risk. They only need to pay attention to consumption of blood pressure and diabetes patients. There are many different types of osteoporosis.