Table of Contents
- What is Melissa Plant?
- Top 9 Health Benefits Of Melissa Plant
- What Are The Health Benefits Of Melissa Tea?
- 14 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Melissa Oil
What is Melissa Plant?
The Latin name Melissa officiant Melissa is a plant belonging to the mint family known as lemongrass, Capricorn, honey bee sedative properties. Based on its use until the Middle Ages, melissa has been especially used to reduce stress and anxiety, bring sleep, appetizer, relieve pain and relieve indigestion.
Even before the Middle Ages, healing wounds has been a useful plant for treating toxic insect bites and bee stings. Today, more cat grass, chamomile, other soothing and calming properties such as herbs like hops are known as relaxing features. Melissa Plant is also used in the production of creams used in the treatment of disorders such as herpes.
Top 9 Health Benefits Of Melissa Plant
Supports the Digestive System
Melissa Plant plays an active role in the digestive system. Used to reduce problems of the digestive system, such as bloating and gas, the balmy grass has a calming effect on the gastrointestinal tract thanks to its essential oils. Chemicals with sedative properties help to alleviate problems in the gastrointestinal tract.
Strengthens The Immune System
Another astonishing feature of the melissa plant is its ability to stimulate the immune system. It is known that it is antiviral and antibacterial. It is very rich in cobalt and rosmarinic acids. Melissa grass promotes a healthy immune system and strengthens the cell walls. At the same time, the herb that can fight infections prevents the bacteria and viruses that are likely to enter the cell.
Melissa plant herb is rich in caffeic acid and rosmarinic acid, powerful antioxidants that neutralize reactive oxygen species. It also contains eugenol, which acts as a natural anti-inflammatory that helps sedate the painful conditions.
These compounds help protect the cells by offering deep antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Supports Liver Health
Melissa plant supports the health of the liver by helping the herb toxins from the body. When the right products are not used, the detoxification process wears off the liver over time and causes damage to the liver.
Balances Blood Sugar
Melissa plants that provide antioxidant support can also help to balance blood sugar. Insulin resistance is the most common cause of high blood sugar in the United States and is the most common cause of high blood sugar in the United States.
Based on the research done so far, it is observed that melissa has a positive effect on blood sugar.
Protects The Brain Cells
Known for its positive effects on memory, thought and calmness, melissa is said to protect the brain from physical damage. It neutralizes (neutralizes) free radicals before attacking brain cells.
Rosmarinic acid is another important component of melissa herb, and it is effective for the treatment of stroke conditions.
Protects Memory And Cognitive Functions
Melissa plant herb helps to increase memory and cognitive function. Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by a loss of neurons that produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Melissa plant is struggling with memory loss because it can increase acetylcholine activity. Melissa, which can protect the brain from oxidative damage and neurodegeneration, is also an antioxidant. At the same time, the melissa plant, which also has essential oils, is effective in reducing agitation in dementia patients.
Thyroid And Chronic Fatigue Are Good
Melissa plant is used to treat thyroid problems in Europe because of its ability to regulate thyroid hormone production. Melissa plant also carries antiviral properties. It is considered to be a very useful plant in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Supports Skin Health
Melissa plant grass is very supportive for healthy and youthful skin. The history of melissa used as a cosmetic product dates back hundreds of years. It is extremely effective in softening the skin and reducing wrinkles to a minimum.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Melissa Tea?
Melissa has gained a reputation as a powerful herb that helps health. The reason for being referred to as lemongrass among the public is that its scent resembles lemon. Support for a long and healthy life by scientists has made this medicinal plant even more popular. The benefits are as follows;
● Melissa Tea has a relaxing effect and helps to eliminate insomnia problem.
● Melissa Tea is consumed to eliminate indigestion. Melissa tea has been used for years to facilitate digestion and alleviate digestive system disorders.
● You can apply to melissa tea for the treatment of wounds and sores on the skin. Melissa plant has flavonoids and phenolic acids in the skin can fight viruses.
● Research shows that drinking melissa tea helps treat Alzheimer’s disease because melissa prevents the onset of intense sadness or sudden reactions in the patient, supports the individual calmness and provides focus on memory.
● Prevents the feeling of numbness in addition to calm the mind.
● Melissa plant is frequently used in the cosmetics industry because of its soothing properties.
● It has been concluded that melissa has an effect that increases insulin resistance when balancing blood sugar.
● Positive effects of memory, healthy thinking, and serenity, research confirms that the plant of melissa protects the brain cells from danger.
14 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Melissa Oil
Melissa oil is made of leaves and flowers of the melissa plant. Melissa oil has a very gentle aroma and has very surprising properties in terms of health. Melissa oil, which is especially effective in skin-related problems, is a powerful antiviral and calming agent.
● Having antidepressant is the main reason for the use of melissa oil. Melissa oil, an effective antidepressant, is very useful for relieving tension.
● Melissa herb, which has a heater for respiratory system and cardiovascular system, is frequently used for colds.
● Melissa oil has a soothing ability. For this reason, it is used as a Tonic for the nervous system.
● Melissa oil is used to calm conditions such as inflammation, anxiety, irritability, shock, and shock. At the same time, it can be a solution to sleep problems because it calms the mind and spirit.
● Spasms can occur in the respiratory, muscle, nervous and digestive system and can be manifested by severe coughing, muscle cramps, convulsions, shortness of breath and severe abdominal pains. Melissa oil calms spasms in these cases.
● Melissa oil helps the digestive process to work properly by relaxing the stomach.
● Melissa oil reduces abdominal muscles and eliminates bloating, cramps and gas.
● Melissa oil is an anti bacterium, so it is effective for inhibiting bacterial infections in the colon, intestines, urinary tract and kidneys.
● Melissa oil, which has anti-inflammatory properties, helps to remove toxins from the body through sweat. Thus, it cleans the pores of the skin and allows it to breathe.
● Melissa oil, which helps to reduce fever, acts as an antibacterial agent against bacterial or microbial infections in the body.
● Melissa oil is effective for lowering blood pressure.
● Melissa oil, a tonic, can be beneficial for all body health by increasing the immune system.
● Melissa oil can be used for menstrual problems. After menopause, irregular menstruation, pain, untimely menopause, distress and depression, and extreme fatigue can be effective.
● Melissa oil is effective in treating herpes, wounds, ulcers, fungal infections, headaches, and fatigue.
Damages Of Melissa Plant
The melissa plant consumed together in food is considered safe. Consumption of medical quantities for short periods is probably safe for healthy adults. There is not enough information that long-term melissa consumption is safe.
Some information says that melissa consumption is safe provided that children are less than 1 month old.
When taken orally, the melissa plant can cause some side effects such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, and wheezing.
When applied to the skin, several reports of irritation and increased cold symptoms have been reported.
Pregnancy and Lactation: There is not enough information that melissa consumption is completely safe during these periods. Therefore, it is useful to avoid consumption to stay safe.
Surgery: Because it can cause excessive sleep during the operation, it is recommended to stop consumption at least 2 weeks before the scheduled operation date.
Damages Of Melissa Tea
There is no known side effect if the melissa tea is not consumed and taken in balanced amounts. There is no harm in the short-term depletion of adults for treatment purposes. Studies do not see a drawback for regular use for up to four months. There is not enough information that long-term use is harmless. Of course, it is not recommended to consume all the herbs without consulting a doctor.
Situations To Consider;
1. Reactions resulting from hypersensitivity
2. Sedation provided by medication, that is, the state of sleep
3. Observation of skin irritation
The use of this medication may interfere with the thyroid gland. If you have any of these symptoms, you should consult your doctor immediately.
It can be said that children are not allowed to consume the recommended amounts for children. Given the health benefits, it is emphasized that the consumption of melissa tea should not be consumed in excessive amounts.