Table of Contents
- What is Thyme?
- How to Use Thyme?
- Nutritional Value and Vitamins of Thyme
- What Are The Benefits Of Thyme?
- 1. Care Heart Health
- 2. Protects Against Cancer
- 3. Prevents Inflammation
- 4. Strengthens Immune System
- 5. Fixes Digestive System Problems
- 6. Benefits to Menstruation of Thyme
- 7. Is Good for Eye Health
- 8. Treatment of Respiratory Disorders
- 9. Protects Oral Health
- Related posts:
What is Thyme?
This plant, which loves sun and heat, grows in rocky and mountainous areas where soil temperature is high.
Flowers and leaves can be used as a medicine or as a sweetener in foods. It is also used in components of perfumes and in toothpastes.
How to Use Thyme?
Usually, as a spice, our food offers a unique taste of thyme can be used in different ways. While the plant is mostly brewed and consumed as tea, thyme oil prepared from this plant is usually added to cosmetic products. Mouthwashes, ointments and aromatherapy oils are used extensively in thyme.
Thyme oil; shampoo, conditioner, anti-aging skincare cream, and mouth care products are used frequently.
Nutritional Value and Vitamins of Thyme
This medicinal plant, which is literally a store of vitamins and minerals, is very rich in potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, selenium, and calcium.
It is also a great source of beta-carotene, folic acid, and B-complex vitamins.
What Are The Benefits Of Thyme?
1. Care Heart Health
It lowers and balances cholesterol levels. It also takes care of heart health. In addition to protecting a person against the negative effects of high blood pressure, it also treats atherosclerosis, which is known as a serious cardiovascular disorder.
It significantly reduces the risk of heart disease in most people, including a heart attack. Especially in patients with low blood pressure by balancing blood pressure, such as weakness and suddenly falls to ground relieves symptoms.
2. Protects Against Cancer
It protects a person against many types of cancer, especially colon cancer, and prevents the spread of cancer cells to larger areas.
The property exhibits a therapeutic for the prevention of breast cancer. Ursolic acid, oleanolic acid, lutein, beta-sitosterol and carvacrol in components to stop the formation of cancer cells.
3. Prevents Inflammation
This oil, which suppresses the COX-2 enzyme, which is the main cause of many inflammation formations, fights inflammation with the help of components carvacrol and timol. Sputum can be used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
4. Strengthens Immune System
As a unique source of vitamins A and C, it strengthens the immune system and reduces the chance of a person suffering from respiratory infections, such as flu, colds, especially in cold weather.
By accelerating the formation of white blood cells in our body, it protects us against diseases thanks to inflammatory effects. The oil of oregano applied to wounds reduces the healing process of wounds.
5. Fixes Digestive System Problems
Oregano oil, which contributes to the elimination of toxins and harmful substances in our bodies, has a positive effect on the digestive system.
Regular consumption of oregano tea, indigestion, gas, bloating, stomach-intestinal complaints are mediated to resolve. It also has an anti-spasmodic feature, relieves intestinal cramps.
6. Benefits to Menstruation of Thyme
It is also good for intestinal cramps and pains during menstruation. Starting one week before the menstrual period, daily consumption of tea every day prevents delay of menstruation.
7. Is Good for Eye Health
As a nutrient-rich in vitamin A, vitamin A protects the person from night blindness, which is one of the serious consequences of deficiency. It contributes to the prevention of many eye disorders, especially macular degeneration.
8. Treatment of Respiratory Disorders
By strengthening the immune system, it can naturally treat respiratory diseases such as bronchitis and cough. It is also recommended by physicians for relieving sore throats and relieving acute bronchitis.
9. Protects Oral Health
Thyme oil, which destroys bacteria and microbes that are resistant to antibiotics, protects oral health.
In an aspect antiseptic, gargling with this oil in the mouth, tooth decay, gums, formation of pus, addresses issues such as dental plaque As a strong antiseptic, it cleanses our mouth from bacteria and germs.
Other Benefits Of Thyme
- Applied to the area of pain in skin thyme oil, relieves pain.
- It allows you to have a healthier sleep.
- It helps you lose weight.
- Protects the brain against diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Increases Omega 3 fatty acid levels, contributes to brain health.
- Treatment of depression can be used in the aromatherapy treatment of thyme.
- Treatment of insect bites.
- It supports the development of muscle and bone by means of iron in components.
What Diseases Protect Thyme?
Does Weaken Thyme?
Thyme, which makes metabolism work faster, contributes to a person’s weakening. Thyme juice or thyme tea, which is consumed in an open stomach for at least a month on a regular basis, helps a person to get down to the desired weight in a short time.
Is Good for Cough Thyme?
Thyme tea, which relieves symptoms of bronchitis and asthma, is a powerful anti-inflammatory as well as a wonderful expectorant and relieves cough.
What Are The Benefits of Thyme Tea?
- It removes pieces of thyme tea and removes menstrual pains.
- Purifies intestines from harmful bacteria and germs.
- When applied as topical to pain area with thyme oil, it alleviates the pain of muscles, joints, and rheumatism.
- It loosens phlegm and cough cuts.
- Cleans lungs. This aspect can also be consumed by smokers.
- It meets a significant part of the body’s calcium, iron, and magnesium needs.
How to Prepare Thyme Water?
Squeeze juice of 2 tomatoes and add lemon juice and a pinch of fresh thyme. You can consume this mixture every day as a glass.