Table of Contents
What is Good for Snoring?
Snoring is a very common problem affecting millions of men and women all over the world. This annoying sound can disrupt your partner’s peace and sleep.
Snoring occurs when the structures in the throat (vocal cords) vibrate and begin to sound. It is often considered a sleep disorder, and heavy snoring can cause serious medical and social consequences.
If you have a snoring habit, you need to take the necessary steps to combat the problem. Remember that everyone needs rest and if you spend your nights snoring, you can’t sleep peacefully.
There are many products available for the treatment of snoring, but the effectiveness of most of them has not been proven reliably.
There is no miracle cure for snoring, but some lifestyle changes and natural methods can help you control your condition.
The anti-inflammatory properties in the nanoparticle help to reduce the swelling of membranes on the inside of the throat and nostrils, thus providing easy and trouble-free inhalation.
Mint is very useful for temporary snoring problems caused by allergies, cold or dry weather.
- Add one or two drops of peppermint oil into a glass of water. Gargle with this mixture before going to bed. But make sure you don’t swallow it. Repeat on a daily basis until you get the result you want.
- If snoring, dry air and nasal obstruction are caused, add a few drops of peppermint oil (you can use eucalyptus oil) into the bed about 30 minutes before you go to bed and turn on the humidifier. Operate the humidifier overnight. This will help to open your airways, so you won’t snore.
- Apply some peppermint oil to the bottom of each of your nostrils before going to bed.
- A powerful anti-inflammatory agent, olive oil relaxes the tissues along the entire airways and reduces swelling to provide a clear air passage. You can use this method regularly to reduce throat vibrations and stop snoring.
- Eat two or three sips of olive oil before going to bed every day.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of honey. Drink daily before going to bed.
Nasal obstruction is one of the main reasons behind snoring. One of the best solutions to reduce congestion is to breathe vapor.
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl.
- Add three or four drops of eucalyptus essential oil or tea tree essential oil.
- Cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply into the vapors for 10 minutes.
“This method is apply until reduced congestion before going to bed every day.”
Purified butter has some medical features that can help open clogged nasal passages. This reduces your snoring and helps you sleep better.
- Refined butter is heat a little amount in the microwave.
- Use a dropper to drop two or three drops of warm butter into each nostril.
- Do this again before you go to bed and wake up the next morning.
Cardamom is an expectorant and decongestant, which is effective for opening clogged nasal passages. Free air passage causes less snoring.
- Add one and a half teaspoons of powdered cardamom in a glass of warm water.
- Drink 30 minutes before going to bed.
- To reduce snoring you can consume slowly every night.
A powerful antiseptic and antibiotic agent, turmeric can treat inflammation and help reduce severe snoring.
- Add two teaspoons of powdered turmeric in a cup of warm milk.
- Drink 30 minutes before you go to sleep
- Do this daily.
If you are snoring only during a certain period of the year, it may be caused by seasonal allergies. This type of temporary snoring, anti-inflammatory and also has antihistamine features can be treated with nettle.
- Add a tablespoon of dried Stinging nettle to a glass of boiling water.
- Soak for five minutes and then drain.
- This tea is hot, and before going to bed.
- Drinking two to three cups of stinging nettle tea per day during your allergy season can prevent snoring.
- Chew one to two cloves of raw garlic, and then for a glass of water. Do it daily, preferably before sleep. It will help you to enjoy sleep and reduce snoring.
- Also use garlic while cooking dinner and eat while is hot.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, honey can block breathing passages in the throat and reduce swelling. In addition, it moistens the throat, preventing the formation of snoring vibrations.
- Add a tablespoon honey to a glass of lukewarm water, mix and go to bed before going to bed. consume daily.
- Alternatively, you can use honey to sweeten your herbal tea drinking after dinner.
Chamomile has well-known anti-inflammatory effects that can help stop snoring. It is also a nerve and muscle relaxant that relaxes the tense muscles and nerves around the throat and helps you sleep better.
- Add a tablespoon of chamomile flowers in a glass of water.
- Boil for about 15 minutes.
- Strain and add a teaspoon of honey.
- Drinking as warm before going to bed.
Some Additional Tips That Can Help Snoring
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- Stand on the side, not on the back. As you sleep on your back, your tongue and palate leans on the back of your throat, clogging the airway and causing snoring.
- Raise your pillow by approximately 10 cm or use extra pillows.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages at least two hours before going to bed. Alcohol can cause snoring by entering your central nervous system.
- Try to sing before bedtime. Singing helps improve control of the soft palate and upper throat muscle.
- Stop smoking.