You know, it’s autumn, and it’s getting cooler. In this case, the cold, flu, and sore throat started to last months. How do we wake up in the morning with an unbearable sore throat and have difficulty even talking about until at least noon when we eat and drink during the day, when there is not much to do in the evening?
In fact, if it’s an infection-induced condition, we can sometimes get sore throats for days. In the slightest pain, go to the doctor and take antibiotics is not really a solution.
Because we now know that antibiotics we use in winter, which have become a routine, also damage our internal organs and immune systems.
Then, first of all, it causes a sore throat, then let’s see which herbal, natural prescriptions can pass the sore throat.
What is Causes Sore Throat?
The main causes of sore throat are usually viruses and bacteria. However, laryngitis, acute laryngotracheitis, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, reflux, lung infections and tumors are among the causes of sore throat. Can also be contagious due to the infection that causes it.
What Diseases Cause Sore Throat?
- Chickenpox and often viral diseases manifest themselves with sore throat.
- However, among the bacterial infections associated with sore throat; tonsillitis and diphtheria can be shown.
When should you see a doctor in case of a sore throat?
- When serious difficulty in swallowing or breathing,
- When there are sore, aching or swollen lymph nodes in the neck,
- Pus in the back of the throat, when a rash occurs,
- In case of prolonged hoarseness,
- When there’s blood in saliva and sputum,
- In case of severe fatigue,
Sore Throat: Natural Home Remedies
Licorice is a plant that has been used for many years to improve throat infections. Licorice tea is useful for throat infection as well as for oral wounds, ulcers, allergies and viral infections. Tea prepared by brewing can be used to gargle and drink 3-4 times a day after cooling.
Sage is often consumed in cases of colds.
Sage, which is very useful for throat infection and cough in this context, reduces throat infection with its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Especially when consumed by adding lemon to sage, the vitamin C needed for the body and to strengthen immune system is taken.
Eucalyptus tea reduces the pain of bronchitis and sinusitis as well as soothing the throat. It can be consumed as tea and gargling with prepared tea.
In addition, chamomile tea is very effective for sore throat and infection. Also, gargling with cold chamomile tea is important for infections and oral health.
The volatile components in the content of the mint help to remove infections and soften the throat and remove dryness of throat. For this reason, 1 – 2 cups of mint tea can be consumed daily on the days of sore throat.
Pomegranate Peel Tea
Pomegranate has many benefits to health both when it is consumed as a fruit and when is consumed as a shell. Polyphenolic components found in pomegranate bark reduce effect of bacteria causing throat infections and can relieve sore throat. For this, it is recommended to brew and drink with fresh pomegranate peel or dry and store pomegranate peel in the form of tea.
Clove is a very useful food, thanks to its volatile ingredient called eugenol. Especially in infections of the mouth and throat tract as an antiseptic and pain relief clove can be used. For this it is useful to prepare and drink clove tea or chew cloves.
Herbal Advices for Sore Throats During Pregnancy
The use of medication during pregnancy is not recommended at all and is often found to be dangerous.
For this reason, is best to find herbal, natural remedies for the problems in this period. In this context, if sore throat is not too severe, a cup of warm tea will soften throat and ease pain. It is recommended to add some honey and lemon to the tea to increase its positive effect.
In fact, it is very helpful to squeeze half a lemon into a warm water and add a teaspoon of honey and drink it before going to bed to get rid of the sore throat and to sleep more comfortably.
Herbal Advice For Sore Throat During Pregnancy:
Ginger tea is suitable for sore throats during pregnancy, just as it is during normal periods. Just grate the ginger, put it in a glass of hot water and brew it. Then the ginger is drained and the tea is ready. It can be consumed by adding honey and lemon to the tea.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to warm water and gargle 2 times a day with this water.
- 2-3 garlic cloves if swallowed after chewing thoroughly in the mouth, as a natural antibiotic, relieves sore throats.
- As described above, the tea made with pomegranate husks can cause sore throat during pregnancy.
- After beating 1 tablespoon mustard seeds thoroughly, mix with 1 tablespoon honey, half lemon juice and half teaspoon salt. Add 1 cup of water to boil. Gargle is made after mixture warm.
- Suggestions for those who will consume tea prepared for sore throat.
- For a long time, that is, 2 – 3 days of sore throat that does not pass, it would be best to consult a doctor and get medical treatment.
If the sore throat is accompanied by problems such as fever, vomiting, diarrhea, you should contact the doctor immediately.
If there is a drug used to treat any disease and this disease, you should consult your doctor before taking herbal solutions. It is not known what effect these plants will have on existing disease and what combination of drugs used will lead to plants.