What Are Benefits Of Barley?
Barley is considered to be one of the oldest grains on earth, thought to have been used by Egyptians 10,000 years ago. This grain has gained popularity thanks to fiber content and has become very exciting with its medical benefits.
Barley provides protection from cardiovascular disease to cancer and also balances blood sugar. The fact that barley is more useful for a number of diseases depends on rich phytochemicals, richness of fiber and mineral content.
12 Best Health Benefits Of Barley
• Promotes Intestinal Health: Barley is an excellent source of fiber, so helps to remove toxins from your body. Dietary fibers that contains support beneficial bacteria in large intestine. Barley fibers form butyric acid and form fuel for cells.
It is a good preservative for a healthy column. Supports intestinal motility and keeps stomach clean. It can therefore reduce risk of colon and hemorrhoid cancer.
• Helps to Lose Weight: Contains some amino group acids. Thus, prevents rise in sugar levels and decreases storage process of fat. This helps to modulate blood sugar levels.
Compared to other cereals, a large amount of barley is not required for satiety. In this case, both calorie intake is low and provides a satisfying effect by creating a feeling of fullness.
• Good for Bone Health: Phosphorus and copper content of barley is beneficial for bone health. Phosphorus is very effective for treating bone and tooth ailments. If you are suffering from osteoporosis, barley can be a natural remedy.
It is known that barley contains more calcium than milk. Calcium is an important component for protection of bone health. On the other hand, Barley, including manganese, maintains overall health of body and works in conjunction with B-complex vitamins.
• Strengthens Immune System: Vitamin C found in barley is almost twice as much in orange. In particular, this vitamin strengthens immune system and reduces risk of colds and flu. The iron content of barley increases blood volume, thus preventing occurrence of fatigue and anemia.
It also helps in development of body cells for proper kidney functioning. On the other hand, barley, hemoglobin and red blood cells in terms of copper is a good supporter.
• Protects Against Heart Disease and Cancer: Rich in herbal lignan, which protects against cancer of breast and other hormone-related types of cancer. This is also very effective for prevention of heart disease. The ability to reduce blood pressure, fight against free radicals and stabilize fat balance make barley highly effective against cancer and heart disease.
• Lowers Cholesterol: Produces propiononic acid thanks to insoluble fiber. At the same time, can be partially responsible for lowering cholesterol. HMG-CoA reductase reduces activity of enzyme and helps to lower cholesterol levels in blood.
• Good for Diabetes: Fiber content of barley may be useful in diabetic patients. You can control diabetes by consuming barley. Changing you manage your blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes prevents weight gain. In this case, can slow down glucose absorption because of contains beta-glucan barley.
• Powerful Antioxidant Source: Rich in antioxidants which are very important to maintain health. In particular, while body cells are working, slows down rate of oxidative damage by collecting free radicals that enter body with oxygen.
• Reduces Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is an extremely serious medical condition that can cause coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, heart failure, kidney failure and other serious health problems.
The main symptoms of high blood pressure are nausea, severe headache, vomiting, confusion, visual changes. The presence of large amounts of fiber and niacin in barley is very useful for reducing risk of high blood pressure.
• It Supports Heart Health: Comes first in the list of foods that are beneficial for heart. It is almost a substitute for drugs. Daily consumption of barley powder reduces risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels in intestines. The soluble fiber, known as beta-glucan in barley and other cereals, supports healthy blood lipid levels and reduces cholesterol absorption in intestine.
• Prevents Childhood Asthma: One of areas of use of barley is protection against childhood asthma, one of the most common respiratory disorders among children worldwide. In the case of barley-like whole-grain consumption, risk of childhood asthma decreases by almost 50%.
• Supports Skin Health: It is rich in selenium to improve skin elasticity and tone balance. The natural anti-inflammatory properties of barley prevent acne and skin infections in skin. Zinc content of barley helps repair skin. Barley not only can be a gentle peeling to eliminate dandruff, but also helps control skin oil.
Health Benefits of Barley Juice
Vitamin B complex is a rich source of iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, copper, protein, amino group acids, dietary fiber, beta-glucan and various antioxidants.
Drinking barley juice on a regular basis can help with general health problems. As you can drink juice of barley that feeds body, you can also consume by adding to salads, casseroles and steamed vegetables.
• Fiber and beta-glucan content help to keep for a long time. At the same time, drinking barley juice stimulates metabolism. Thus, can be supporter to lose weight.
• It is effective for lowering blood cholesterol levels. Therefore, reduces risk of developing heart disease.
• Vitamin B and niacin containing barley juice, anti-inflammatory and lipid-modifying effects have been found to help slow atherosclerosis development.
• Useful for treating digestive problems such as constipation, hemorrhoids and gastritis.
• Barley juice, beta-glucans (soluble fiber type) after meals to slow down absorption of glucose and glucose, insulin increases.
• Helps remove toxins from body. It protects skin health. It also helps to reduce inflammation for acne and clogged pores.
• Barley juice, loaded with nutrients, is a great health drink for pregnant women. Plus, barley juice that facilitates digestion can be a remedy for constipation and morning sickness. It also prevents fungal infections that may occur during pregnancy.
• It contains more than enough nutrients necessary for immune system. It strengthens body’s defense mechanism to fight off various diseases and infections such as colds, flu, stomach flu.
• Barley juice, an excellent source of iron and copper, helps prevent anemia and fatigue.
Any Barley Side Effects?
It is considered to be safe for most people. Sometimes barley flour can cause asthma.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: It is considered to be safe for these periods when proper amount is consumed by mouth. However, barley sprouts are not safe, so they should not eat high amounts during pregnancy. There is not enough information about whether or not barley is completely safe during lactation exhaustion. Therefore, is advisable to stay away from safe side.
Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity: Consumption can aggravate gluten sensitivity and coeliac disease. Avoid using barley.
Diabetes: It can lower blood sugar levels. Diabetes drugs may need to be adjusted by health care provider.
Surgery: Can lower blood sugar levels. Therefore, in order to control blood sugar levels during surgery, barley consumption should be stopped at least 2 weeks before operation date.
When you use barley as a diuretic, you should not drink more than 6 glasses in one day. Barley contains gluten. So, is not recommended for those with gluten sensitivity.
- Top 7 Effective Herbal Treatments To Regulates Menstrual Cycle
- Top 7 Powerful Home Remedies For Foot Fungus
- What is Good For Eye Redness? (Top 10 Best All-Natural Remedies)
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Snoring-What is Good For Snoring?
- 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon (Bitter Gourd or Karela)