A Cucumber is thought to have originated in Indian subcontinent. It is an important food source in terms of general health. Cucumbers grow extremely easily. Can grow in different shapes and colors. A thin bark of cucumber has edible kernels. It contains plenty of water.
Cucumber is usually eaten raw and used in cucumbers. Cucumber health is important in terms of rich vitamins and minerals.
Cucumbers are rich in vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as protein, dietary compounds, folate, niacin, pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamine, sodium, potassium. It also contains important health minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc.
14 Proven Health Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumber has amazing benefits especially for skin health. In addition, fibers contained in digestive system organs are important for health of intestines and stomach. For kidney health is also useful cucumber.
In addition, is also an effective nutrient on nervous system, helps brain function in a regular way, can reduce risk of cancer diseases.
Which is very useful in terms of health in general, makes an incredible contribution to health of skin. In addition, use of cucumbers in cosmetic products is very common.
1. Health Benefits To Skin Of Cucumber
Most of products for skin and hair care are used as main component of cucumber. Cucumbers have incredible benefits for skin care, especially due to aging, are commonly used for swelling and sagging under eyes.
In addition, there are no products in face masks that almost do not use cucumber. The contribution of cucumber to skin health is as follows:
2. Revitalizes to Skin
Skin masks with cucumber juice stimulate skin. This feature can also contribute to rapid healing of skin with scars.
3. Can Remove Swelling Around Eyes
If bulge in skin covering eyes and surrounding area is bothering you with help of cucumber you can get rid of this problem. Cucumbers contain ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, and these acids can help reduce or reduce swelling.
4. Removes Sunburn On Skin
Another feature of cucumber is that can remove damages caused by sun rays due to careless burning especially in summer months. The application of skin to sunburn areas affected by sunlight by rinsing or slicing can both reduce pain and help skin to regenerate in a short time.
5. Rejuvenates Skin
This will increase brightness of your skin and will increase texture.
6. Opens Skin Pores
7. Can Resolve Cellulite Problems
Cucumbers can also help with cellulite problems. Mix ground coffee, honey and cucumber water and massage mixture for 30 minutes to gently apply affected part of skin. When you continue this procedure for 1-2 weeks, you can solve cellulite problem.
8. Moisturizes Skin
95% of cucumber contains water. Because of this feature, cucumber is a very effective moisturizer for skin.
At the same time cucumbers seeds can remove fine lines , wrinkles and spots that occur in skin. Rich in vitamin E and potassium, cucumber can also slow aging of skin.
9. Removes Dark Circles Around Eye
Cucumber for black circles around eye can be an effective solution. To remove dark black circles, you should slice cucumber and apply around eyes for 20 minutes.
10. Benefits to Hair Health Of Cucumber
The best benefit of hair health cucumber is that strengthens hair and helps to grow in a healthy way.
It contains many substances such as silicon, sulfur, sodium and phosphorus which are needed by hair. With help of these substances, cucumbers also prevent hair from spilling.
Cucumber also softens hair and gives a silky appearance. The ingredients contained in cucumber can also produce alternative solutions for those with dry hair problems.
11. Can Relieve Constipation
Calories are very low and calories per 100 grams contain only 15 grams. Daily consumption of cucumber can be considered a remedy for chronic constipation.
In addition, cucumber contains a high amount of fiber is another important factor that allows constipation to be eliminated. This feature also helps intestinal system to function in a healthy way.
12. Benefits to Digestive System of Cucumber
Important source of healing for bladder and kidney health. Because salad contains plenty of water, encourages urine and protects kidney health. Regular cucumber consumption can reduce risk of kidney stones.
Cucumber and cucumber juice are also important for health of stomach due to acids contains. In addition, fibers are useful for stomach health, helps strengthen inner walls of stomach. The protein contained in cucumber facilitates digestion.
Cucumber seeds play an important role in shedding of intestinal worms. In addition, cucumber seeds protect health of nose and throat mucosa.
13. Slows Aging
Cucumber B carotene is a rich source of A-carotene. These substances are one of the most important substances that body needs to eliminate factors causing aging and free radicals.
Other Health Benefits of Cucumber
When cucumber is regularly consumed, has many benefits in terms of health, is possible to sort briefly:
Cucumber has anti-cancer properties, decreases spread of cancer cells. It is also useful for blood cells. Reduces risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Removes bad breath and also protects dental health. Strengthens weak gums.
- It has positive effects on brain and central nervous system, can headaches.
- Help relieve blood pressure problems and keep blood pressure at a healthy level.
- Protects bone health and is an important food source for a strong skeletal structure. Vitamin K is vital for bone health.
- Reduce risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Rucumber rich in copper protects health of brain.
- Also an effective antioxidant because of supports metabolism and defense system reduces risk of getting diseases.
Benefits Of Cucumber Juice
Since cucumber juice contains significant amounts of iron, is very useful for nervous system, bone and blood health.
By helping red blood cells perform their tasks in a healthy way, they can contribute significantly to facilitating circulation and oxygen uptake in body. This is also important for heart health.
- Cucumber water is especially important for skin and hair care, helps to moisturize and cleanse skin.
- Protects bone health, eliminates this problem with nails that have a tendency to break.
- Which reduces risk of diseases caused by iron deficiency, also helps in anemia problems.
- Reduces risk of developing cancer.
- Cucumber juice that removes constipation is also beneficial for digestive system.
Damages of Cucumber
When cucumbers are consumed as nutrients, they usually do not pose a health risk. May cause some problems when consumed for medical purposes. It may cause side effects, especially in some patients treated with medication.
x May cause allergies in sensitive bodies against allergic.
x That can eliminate indigestion can trigger gatsriti or cause pain in people with gastritis problems.
x Depending on excessive consumption, cucumber may cause hair loss.
Consumption is good for health as long as is not excessive and has a protective feature of many diseases.
However, in recent years, health of GMO cucumbers is discussed among experts. Although is very difficult to find, we recommend you to eat organic cucumbers. In fact, we recommend that you grow yourself if possible by going a little further.
- Top 11 Health Benefits Of Cheese – How Cheese is Good for Health?
- Hazelnuts: Health Benefits & Nutrition Facts, Can You Eat Hazelnuts?
- 12 Proven Benefits Of Orange, Orange Juice, Orange Peel & Orange Tea
- 12 Scientific Health Benefits Of Strawberry: Skin, Hair Health And More
- Top 17 Best Health Benefits Of Peanuts (Mungfali) & Pine Nuts