Table of Contents
- What Are Benefits of Kidney Beans?
- Health Benefits of Kidney Beans
- Damages of Kidney Beans
- Plantshospital.Com Recommendations
- Recommended Articles:
- Related posts:
What Are Benefits of Kidney Beans?
It is name given to mature beans with red and white beans. The characteristic features of these kidney beans are oval shape and red, white color.
Cooked kidney beans has a creamy texture resembling chestnut. However, offers a rich taste of sweet, herbaceous starchy. Vibrant colors may be slightly faded when cooked.
Kidney beans contains quite a lot of protein compared to other plant-derived foods. These are especially B complex vitamins and can be listed as B1 or thiamin, B2 or riboflavin, B3 or niacin, B5 pantothenic acid, B6 or pyridoxine, B12 or folate.
It also offers basic minerals such as iron, potassium, zinc. Although calorie and fat ratio are quite low, fiber ratio is extremely high. In addition, isoflavones provide saponins and phytosterols.
Kidney beans a very useful food because of is rich in fiber. It is very good at reducing cholesterol and controlling blood sugar levels in diabetics.
Thus, maintains general health and keeps heart healthy. It is also considered useful for reducing risk of cancer.
This beneficial legume is a good source of antioxidants that fight against free radicals in body. Phytochemicals that support body in many ways are excellent for molybdenum and folic acid.
Health Benefits of Kidney Beans
• It Strengthens Muscle System: It is very helpful to muscles because of is full of protein food, which is an important component of body tissues and structural muscle system.
The nine important amino groups are all of amino acids, and is an ideal food for consuming protein-rich kidney beans.
All of these are classified as quality proteins. There are 17 grams of protein in a cup of kidney beans. Thus, becomes a unique food for blood system.
• Low Glycemic index: Glycemic index (gi) is present in food and beverages and has potential to raise blood sugar. Foods with high glycemic index, especially white rice and white bread, can raise blood sugar quickly.
Therefore, blood sugar levels should be checked when consuming these foods. When consumed in kidney beans, sugar slowly collapses. Thus, there is no sudden change in blood sugar levels and mood changes are not observed.
• It Helps Digestive System: There are about 18 grams of fiber in a cup of kidney beas. For both men and women, daily consumption of recommended amount of fiber varies between 38 grams and 25 grams.
Fiber is an aid for regular bowel movement. Thus, prevents constipation. Also, soluble fiber helps in reducingperson’s cravings for excess food.
• Useful for Nervous System: Some vitamins, such as folate, play a critical role in regulation of specific amino group acids needed for nervous system. Studies show that folate deficiency in a food program, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, such as neurodegenerative diseases may be a dangerous precursor.
Daily consumption of a cup of kidney beans contains approximately 92 percent of recommended folate value.
• Good for Cholesterol: Because of contains soluble fiber, can help to reduce excess appetite. In this case, becomes an excellent food to reduce bad cholesterol levels known as LDL.
On the other hand, kidney beans, which can regulate blood sugar, can reduce risk of colorectal cancer.
• It Promotes Body Function: The rich in protein is a unique feature of hormones, cells and enzymes as well as essential for body’s tissue and muscle tissue.
It is involved in production of all substances needed for proper functioning of body. Vitamin B1, B2 and B3 play a major role in metabolism in process of converting nutrients into energy.
In addition, vitamins B3 and B5 help in construction of DNA, RNA and nerve fibers.
• It is Good for Cardiovascular System: Dietary fiber is one of tools that protects heart because of reduces bad cholesterol levels.
Omega-3 fatty acids are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are both anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that promote cardiovascular health.
Potassium is also very effective for these functions. It regulates water balance in body because of contains potassium, regulates functioning of heart muscles and normalizes blood pressure.
• Good for Diabetes: It is one of foods with low glycemic index. Therefore, sugar and carbohydrates are slowly digested after consumption of red bean.
This means maintaining balance of insulin. It is important to manage blood sugar levels for people suffering from diabetes, so is advisable to consume these people.
• Fight Against Cancer: Especially rich in beneficial nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, kidney beans strengthens immune system and promotes overall health of body.
Kidney beans B-complex vitamins and folate are vital for new cell synthesis in body. According to recent studies, selenium in kidney beans, antioxidant, can prevent formation of cancer cells.
• It helps to Lose Weight: It is very low in calories. It contains 326 calories of 100 grams of kidney beans. It also increases feeling of fullness when high fiber content is consumed.
In process of trying to lose weight, kidney beans consumption can help to manage weight loss.
• It is Beneficial for Pregnant Women: Kidney beans contains vitamins as well as folate. Folate is very important in forming DNA and preventing certain types of birth defects.
It is recommended to eat beans in order to provide energy to body and return to appropriate thiamine return for brain functions.
Damages of Kidney Beans
After consumption of kidney beans can cause bloating. For this reason, adding spices such as cumin, meliseed and fennel to food while you are cooking or soak in water before cooking will reduce feeling of bloating.
- Some people have a tendency to trigger allergic reactions.
- To eliminate toxic substances must be absolutely cooked.
- Lack of amino group acids can make completely protein kidney beans.
- It may contain toxic substances and compounds that may prevent absorption of vitamins.
- It has a high purine content that triggers gout.
- It can trigger migraine in some people.
~ It is an excellent choice for recipes like other legumes in kidney beans. It is used to prepare salads, soups and meat dishes.
~ Both size and taste of food values because of person creates a full sense of saturation.
~ The dishes prepared with kidney beans are loved by both child and adults.
~ Wet kidney beans before cooking.
~ Although this procedure is not mandatory, is best to eat. So will cook faster and digestion will be easier.
~ Put beans in a large saucepan and add cold water until is over.
~ The soaking process can last from 6 to 8 hours.
~ Then rinse out beans. Thus, he will be ready to prepare meal.
~ To preserve shape of kidney beans, just boil completely to oven and then continue cooking.
~ Do not add anything salty and acid until soft beans. Otherwise, kidney beans can become hard.